Routes is preparing for their annual event, this year taking place in Las Vegas, and just sent out this mailing which I thought might be worth sharing with my readers:
This year World Routes, the 19th World Route Development Forum, takes place in Las Vegas, USA from 5 to 8 October. It will be the largest civil aviation event to date, attracting 3,000 high-profile delegates from more than 100 countries worldwide. Co-hosted by the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, the event will be held in the Las Vegas Convention Center and will mark the first time any Routes event has been held in the USA.
Why journalists should attend:
· Meet and possibly interview over 100 CEOs of airlines, airports, associations as well astourism ministers who jointly shape the world’s aviation and tourism industry
· Attend media briefings by pioneering, high-profile companies such as Southwest and Facebook
· Participate in the World Routes Strategy Summit, the World Tourism Summit and the Invest & Manage Airports event to get the latest insights from high-profile CEOs, ministers and other industry leaders
· Participate in guided tours of McCarran International Airport’s new Terminal 3, Nellis Air Force Base and of Las Vegas and the surrounding area
· Build relationships – World Routes is the global meeting place for 3,000 delegates representing over 300 airlines, 800 airports and around 150 countries
· Be the first to hear about the insider news and trends in the industry such as how the latest developments in social media are changing the face of travel.
The latest media programme is attached.
Confirmed participants and speakers include:
· Christopher Thompson, President and CEO, Brand USA
· Roger Dow, CEO, US Travel Association
· David Scowsill, CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council
· Lee McCabe, Global Head of Travel, Facebook
· Rossi Ralenkotter, President & CEO, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority (LVCVA)
· Rosemary Vassiliadis, Director of Aviation, McCarran International Airport
· Stephen Attenborough, Commercial Director, Virgin Galactic
· Claudia Cornejo, Minister of Tourism of Peru
· Stephanie Villedrouin, Minister of Tourism, Haiti
· Vitaly Saveliev, CEO, Aeroflot
· Christoph Müller, CEO, Air Lingus
· Estuardo Ortiz, COO, Avianca
· Christine Ourmières, CEO, Cityjet
· Dr Mahmoud Esmat, Chairman & CEO of Cairo Airport
· Chang-Soo Jung, President and CEO of Incheon Airport
· Gokhan Bugday, CEO of Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport
· Rajeev Jain, CEO of Mumbai Airport
· Thulani Nzima, CEO of South African Tourism
World Routes is increasingly popular with the media. Last year in Abu Dhabi, 150 journalists attended, representing many high-profile news media as well as the most important international aviation and tourism media. Attendance for media delegates with editorial responsibility is free of charge. To register, please reply directly providing your name, company / publication name, job title and email address.
Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover your travel and accommodation costs for this event. However, discounted flights are available from the event’s official carrier, United Airlines, and discounted rates are also available at many of our preferred hotels. Please visit our website for more information on World Routes as well as our official carrier and event hotels.
Las Vegas is one of the most iconic travel destinations in the world with nearly 40 million annual visitors. While Las Vegas has long been known as the “Entertainment Capital of the World,” today, it is also recognized as the world’s leading convention and meetings destination. Las Vegas recently opened Terminal 3, a $2.4 billion technologically advanced international terminal at McCarran International Airport. With more than $6.6 billion in planned projects on the horizon, Las Vegas continues to evolve as an international business destination. You can expect world-class hospitality and exceptional customer service while enjoying the world’s best dining, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife experiences.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us at this unrivalled event.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –