MADAGASCAR STAGING 7TH EDITION OF INTERNATIONAL TOURISM FAIR
(Posted 31st May 2018)
The seventh edition of the International Tourism Fair Madagascar (ITM) opened its doors this Thursday, May 31, 2018. The fair has become a place of exchanges for the tourism sector across the Indian Ocean islands and the ITM is the opportunity to meet the actors of tourism of the zone Indian Ocean and international actors. Reunion Island Tourism (IRT) represents Reunion Island on this official event of the Vanilla Islands, under the theme of ecotourism.
The ITM 2018, dedicated to the Vanilla Islands , is held from May 31 to June 3, 2018 in Tananarive, capital of the Big Island. The IRT is taking part in this B2B event in the space dedicated to the islands of the Indian Ocean, on booth D15-D16 .
For the IRT, the presence of Reunion on this show revolves around several areas:
- Develop the reputation of the island with international professionals and the Indian Ocean area;
- Perfect their knowledge of the destination ;
- Capturing a foreign clientele of passage and expatriate residents ;
- Position the island of Reunion as a must-do destination in the Indian Ocean zone;
- Increase sales in the short and medium term ;
- Develop exchanges and partnerships between operators of the two islands and especially in the context of combined Vanilla Islands.
By confirming its regional roots, ITM 2018 aims to be a privileged platform of meetings, a place of exchange and federation between all tourism stakeholders in Madagascar and their counterparts in Indian Ocean and international destinations.
ITM is a unique opportunity to showcase the Indian Ocean offer and tourism products to a local target of expatriates and long-haul travelers who increasingly visit the region. As every year, the ONTM invites, during an eductour , forty tour operators and travel agents for ecotourism . The aim is to allow them to meet Indian Ocean tourism professionals on a combined discovery trip between Madagascar and one of the Vanilla Islands, but also at ITM 2018.