AVIADEV IN CAPE TOWN – READ AND SEE WHAT UNTIL NOW ONLY ATTENDEES WERE PRIVY TO …
(Posted 27th June 2018)
There has been a constant inflow of messages on all platforms and mails, enquiring when more details of the recently concluded AviaDev2018 aviation conference in Cape Town would be available.
Well, it has taken a little longer than initially envisaged but all is well which ends well does the saying go and today ATCNews.org is able to publish the link to the AviaDev website where the key topics are covered including by YouTube link.
In particular a lot of questions were asked about the presentation by both UBER and Embraer about the future of shared airborne transport and I am very pleased to say that this is included and now available here:
Speaker Presentations 2018
1. OFFICIAL OPENING – Tim Harris, CEO, Wesgro
2. OFFICIAL OPENING – Fundi Sithebe, Chief Operating Officer, ACSA (Airports Company, South Africa)
3. AFRICAN AVIATION – The state of the industry in 2018 – Gad Wavomba, Sales Director, Embraer
4. AIR SERVICE DEVELOPMENT MASTERCLASS – Sabine Reim, Senior Vice President, Airline Network Strategy – InterVISTAS Consulting
5. PREVENTING WILDLIFE TRAFFICKING – How can the aviation sector play its part in preventing wildlife trafficking? – Afsoon Namini, Director, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Private Sector Engagement Team
6. UBER ELEVATE. DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION SESSION. THE FUTURE OF TRANSPORTATION- CLOSER THAN WE THINK?. – Frans Hiemstra,
Head of Partner Channels, Uber Sub-Saharan Africa
7. NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND MERCHANDISING – Manish Shrivastava, Co-founder and Commercial Executive, Travel Commerce Solutions Ltd
The weblink for direct access is shown below:
For good measure will the 2017 event be showcased here once again, also giving access to key presentations and the YouTube links.
1. Speaker Presentations 2017
1. Air Service Development Masterclass – Sabine Reim, Senior Vice President, Airline Network Strategy – InterVISTAS Consulting
2. How to adopt a collaborative approach to air service development – Paul van den Brink, Cape Town Air Access- Project Manager
3. How to embrace e-commerce with IATA’s NDC initiative – Manish Shrivastava, Co-founder and commercial executive, Travel Commerce Solutions Ltd
4. Development of Airport Infrastructure in Africa – Marcel Langeslag, Senior Airport Consultant and Project Manager, NACO
5. Airport route development & safety: facts & perception – Tom Kok, Director, AviAssist Foundation
6. NEW ARRIVAL: jetWest outline their launch plans – Dikko Nwachukwu, Founder and CEO, jetWest
7. NEW ARRIVAL: jet Afrique outline their plans ahead of launch – Theodore Chikelu, Managing Director/ CEO, Jet Afrique – Hassan Zakari, Chief Commercial officer, jet Afrique
8. The African Economy 2017 – Stagnation or Star Nations? – Daniel Silke, Director – Political Futures Consultancy
9. Focus on Aviation: Regional African connectivity – Gerard Brown, Divisional Director- Airports, ForwardKeys
10. The importance of data. How airports and airlines can use data to make better decisions – Gad Wavomba, Principal Consultant Africa, Sabre
Enjoy – and consider attending #AviaDevEurope in Valencia later this year and #AviaDev2019 next year at a venue soon to be advised.