ENJOY THE LAST EDITION IN 2018 OF THE #SAINTANGE TOURISM REPORT FRESH FROM THE #SEYCHELLES AND THE OTHER #INDIANOCEAN ISLANDS
(Posted 31st December 2018)
The Editorial this week highlights:
a. White Christmas is subjective
b. The last day of 2018 has arrived and tomorrow is the New Year – Happy New Year.
c. Madagascar has a new President.
d. President Andry Rajoelina has always believe in tourism. e. Seychelles just got two nice accolades.
f. Seychelles is facing a difficult situation in its need for hotel rooms.
g. Talking Tourism and Believing in Tourism – Interviews by World Investment News with Alan Mason of Mason’s Travel and by Guillaume Albert of Creole Travel Services.
h. Christine Lagarde of the IMF postpones working trip to Seychelles.
i. Closer to home – Karl St.Ange.
j. The Quest for Justice continues.
k. The 10 Best Countries to be a Woman – World Economic Forum’s annual report (Seychelles misses the list).
l. Happy Birthday to my daughter Christine St.Ange.
Stand alone articles this week:
1. Seychelles offers tourism for all – but needs to say it as we start 2019.
2. "Future of tourism looking positive" says Minister Najib Balala of Kenya.
3. UNWTO chief: Growth of African Tourism as industry remains resilient. "Island destinations Seychelles, Cabo Verde and Reunion Island; all reported double-digit growth in arrivals, benefiting from increased air connectivity" says the SG of UNWTO.
4. Michael Mason of Seychelles is Top Tagging Angler (Indian Ocean) for Blue Marlin & Sail Fish.
5. 6. 7. In this end of year issue we reproduce two Seychelles tourism interviews by World Investment News with Alan Mason & Guillaume Albert.
8. The Coffee Club finally established in Seychelles.
9. We like Piña Coladas.
10. Seychelles in World’s best sailing destinations by CNN Travel.
11. Tropical Residence in Seychelles is a ‘home away from home’.
12. Seychelles Islands Foundation says rains on Aldabra Atoll Flightless Rail bird can start breeding.
13. Chinese Celebrity Xu Haiqiao brought the diversity of Seychelles to the Chinese audiences via social media.
14. Meeting Georges Guillaume Louapre – "A Bourbon made in Réunion".
15. Coquille Bonheur" chosen as "Best DMC" at the "Ile Maurice Tourisme Awards".
16. Another group certified from "Time and Resource Management Course" with The Academy of High Performance in Seychelles.
17. Seychelles signs African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).