ENJOY THE LATEST EDITION OF THE #ST.ANGE TOURISM REPORT FRESH FROM THE #SEYCHELLES AND THE OTHER #INDIANOCEAN ISLANDS
(Posted 11th February 2019)
The Editorial this week highlights:
a. Tourism in Seychelles – Vanilla Islands meet for installing its new President.
(Adds ATCNews: Not inviting the founder president of the organization for the event is a faux pas of the highest order)
b. On Vanilla Islands eTN New of the 9 July 2012 wrote.
c. eTN News wrote on the June 1, 2013: Vanilla Islands of the Indian Ocean re-elects its President for a second term.
d. Seychelles Tourism in figures at country’s last Cross Sectorial Meeting.
e. Mombasa bound cruise liner diverts to Seychelles after US travel warning.
f. Praslin Island Business Community coming together strong.
g. Tourism Destinations are moving.
Stand alone articles this week:
1. Meet the Mason’s Travel Team: Francis Aglae.
2. New marina at the Ex.- Wharf Hotel in Seychelles.
3. Pope Francis’ historic UAE visit advances religious freedom and tolerance.
4. Rent-an-island’ – one villa on a faraway island – to be part of Seychelles’ expanded offerings
5. First UNWTO/ICAO Ministerial Conference on Tourism and Air Transport in Africa. 27 – 29 March 2019.
6. Kenya confirms their Sh350m cruise ship terminal set for completion by August 2019.
7. South Africa Tourism to reschedule 2019 Africa’s Travel Indaba.
8. Praslin Business Association working for Praslin .
9. Seychelles received ‘Best Luxury Travel Destination’ Award in Beijing, China.
10. Air Austral and Air Madagascar launch new loyalty card programme.
11. Brune Poirson, Secretary of State in the French Ministry of the Ecological and Solidary Transition hold working meeting with President Didier Robert of Reunion
12. Mission to develop the Tourism Satellite Account kick start in the Seychelles.
13. "The urgency of the New Coastal Road" for Reunion Island makes news.
14. Mauritius braced for flight disruptions as cyclone Genela gained strength.
15. Kreol Magazine of London says:- Alain St. Ange – A Seychelles’ Master of Promotion.
16. World Wildlife Day 2019 focusing on marine species for the first time.
17. SYAH was a vision that the youth of Small Island Developing States had for the Indian Ocean region.
18. Hotels on Kenya’s coast ban use of plastic bottles & straws.
19 .Seychelles represented at FITUR the International Tourism Trade fair in Madrid.
20. Closing Notes.
The full report is as usual available for ATCNews.org readers via the following link: