FASTJET IN MOZAMBIQUE, ZIMBABWE AND SOUTH AFRICA JOIN RELIEF EFFORTS FOR CYCLONE VICTIMS
(Posted 24th March 2019)
Fastjet has announced that in collaboration with their major shareholder Solenta Aviation, Rogers Aviation, Pearl Yield and Blue Sky Travel Agency they will be contributing to the relief efforts for the victims of Cyclone IDAI in Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
Fastjet Mozambique Limitada in partnership with Solenta Aviation Mozambique, Rogers Aviation, Rogers Aviation Cargo and Blue Sky Travel Agency; and Fastjet Zimbabwe in collaboration with Pearl Yield and Miracle Mission (Care Organisation) are collecting donated relief items such as undergarments, blankets, items for infants such as formula, nappies, wet wipes, personal care items comprising of soap, toothpaste, shampoo, feminine care products etc as well as non-perishable food items.
Collection points where donations can be dropped off are listed below. The staff of all participating companies will receive, store and prepare for onward transportation all items donated.
Mozambique: Collection Points
- Fastjet, Rogers Aviation, and Solenta Aviation offices at Maputo, Tete and Quelimane Airport.
- Rogers Aviation office at the Cargo Terminal at Maputo International Airport.
- Fastjet, Rogers Aviation, and Bluesky in Maputo – Av. Sociedade de Geografia #83, 6th floor.
- Solenta Aviation Office and Blue Sky offices at Pemba Airport.
- Bluesky office at Nampula airport located at Hotel Milenio, Avenida 25 de Setembro, #842.
Zimbabwe: Collection Points
- Fastjet offices at RGM International Airport (Domestic Terminal)
- Fastjet / Pearl Yield Sales Offices 9, Phillips Avenue, Belgravia
South Africa: Collection Points
- Fastjet Offices, Key West Centre, Bedfordview, Johannesburg.
The collection of and delivery of relief materials shall be transported by road to the displaced communities, in Manicaland Province of Zimbabwe and by road, ship and air to the Sofala Province of Mozambique, where they will be distributed to those affected by Cyclone Idai.