FIRST HILTON BRAND ENTERS THE UGANDAN HOSPITALITY MARKET
(Posted 10th May 2019)
Hilton Hotels yesterday announced the opening of its first hotel in Uganda, a Hilton Garden Inn Kampala. The opening of the new hotel, which is part of Hilton’s award-winning midscale Hilton Garden Inn brand, follows the recent announcement of the signing of Hilton Kampala, which will be a full scale five star hotel.
Hilton Garden Inn is one of the world’s most successful midscale hospitality brands with more than 800 properties across 40 countries worldwide. It promises busy modern travelers quality accommodation at affordable prices with friendly, positive service that makes any stay brighter and better. Every hotel comes equipped with a full-service restaurant, offering a range of international dishes, and a full bar to unwind at the end of a busy day. Guests can also benefit from 24/7 snacks and grand and go items as well as evening room service.
Located on Kira Road, the hotel provides a convenient base from which to explore a number of local attractions such as the Uganda Museum (the oldest and largest in the country), the Acacia Shopping Mall, Uganda Golf Club and nearby Independence Park. It is situated in one of the city’s diplomatic districts, directly opposite the British High Commission with a number of national embassies in walking distance and the offices of the UNHCR a short drive away.
Sanjeev Tiwari, General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Kampala said, “I am delighted to be opening the first hotel under the Hilton portfolio in Uganda. We are not only bringing a household name in the hospitality world to the market, but a modern hotel with light, airy accommodations and bright service that will deliver a fresh and affordable experience for both business and leisure visitors to the city.”
The Hilton Garden Inn Kampala features
- Affordable prices and modern comfort with complimentary Wi-Fi
- Desirable location opposite the British High Commission
- Travel on the go with business centre, fitness centre and dining options open 24/7
- Offers digital check-in and digital key via the Hilton Honors app
- 96 contemporary guestrooms
- All offer HDTVs, work desks, mini fridges and tea/coffee making facilities
Dining & Leisure
- Full international breakfast buffet served daily
- Garden Grill & Bar serving international dishes with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- The Garden Café & Lounge offering an informal space for meeting with freshly brewed Ugandan coffee and delicious pastries.
- Evening room service, delivering tasty meals directly to your door until 11 pm
- “The Shop”, open 24 hours, offers snacks, refreshments and convenience items
- 24/7 fitness centre and an outdoor swimming pool
Meetings & Events Space
- 190 sqm of modern meeting space, all fitted with the latest A/V equipment
- Two small meeting spaces accommodating 10 and 12 pax respectively
- A large 150 sqm multi-function room perfect for receptions and banquets
The new Hilton Garden Inn Kampala is located at Plot 72, Kira Road. Kampala. For more information, or to make a reservation call +256-313-800-800.
The purpose built property is owned by High Gate Investments Ltdand managed by Alnosafa Management.
For more information on Hilton Garden Inn, click on the link below: