ENJOY THE LATEST EDITION OF THE #SAINTANGE TOURISM REPORT FRESH FROM THE #SEYCHELLES AND THE OTHER #INDIANOCEAN ISLANDS
(Posted 11th May 2019)
The Editorial this week highlights:
a. President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa said as he closed Indaba 2019:- “Tourism is a new gold ready to be explored in Africa.
b. Encouraging Seychellois Islanders to be part of the tourism industry.
c. New James Bond film goes to Jamaica for filming.
d. Investing in Tourism Sustainability Conference: Dr. Taleb Rifai Chair & SUNx Advisory Council’s new partnership with WISeKey.
e. Finding the rightful place for culture – Sheila Markham & Seychelles that the island’s pavilion at the Biennale in Venice is taking shape.
Stand alone articles this week:
1. ‘Creole Secrets’ by Creole Travel Services – Sables d’Or Apartments.
2. Mason’s Travel honoured as Seychelles’ best tour operator.
3. Seychelles’ Hilton Labriz marks the 100th Anniversary of Hilton.
4. Zimbabwe Tourism invites African Tourism Board leaders to a fact-finding mission – Alain St.Ange President of the ATB welcomes the initiative.
5. Francis Cupidon producing coconut oil at Praslin.
6. Air Madagascar set to relaunch flights to Johannesburg.
7. Air Seychelles attends Airport Show 2019.
8. Air Mauritius launches WiFi on board.
9. IATA AGM – June 01st to 03rd in Seoul / South Korea.
10. Anil Gayan, Minister of Tourism of Mauritius: “My interest is not to lose interest in China”.
11. Seychelles shines again as the destination is awarded ‘best destination- Africa’ in Mumbai.
12. Vijay Poonoosamy will be heading back to Mauritius to moderate the African Airlines Association meeting.
13. Congratulating Raymond Bickson for securing the Lifetime Achievement Award at HICSA 2019.
14. Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89.
15. Closing Notes.
The full report is as always available for ATCNews readers through the following link: