SAUTI ZA BUSARA SIGNS NEW DEAL WITH NORWAY
(Posted 15th May 2019)
East Africa’s most popular and best known music and cultural festival, Sauti Za Busara, has secured funding worth over 340.000 US Dollars for the next three years after signing a new sponsorship deal with the Norwegian Embassy in Tanzania.
The 2020 Festival, the 17th edition of the event, will take place between the 13th and 16th of February and will again be centred around the old fort.
The Sauti za Busara 2020 Call for Artists is already open and will run until the 31st July 2019.
Preference, according to the organizers of the event, is given to:
* Unique music connected to Africa, the Arab World or Indian Ocean
* Women artists, or groups led by women
* Young, new and emerging talents
* Music with messages that are positive, relevant and useful to society
* Music that is performed live!
For latest updates about the event click on www.busaramusic.org