ENJOY THE LATEST EDITION OF THE #SAINTANGE TOURISM REPORT FRESH FROM THE #SEYCHELLES AND THE OTHER #INDIANOCEAN ISLANDS
(Posted 05th January 2020)
The Editorial this week highlights:
a. 2020 starts with challenging events – Seychelles enters election mode for coming Presidential elections, recent shark attack on Praslin, Mauritius forced to halt air traffic as cyclone Calvina approaches, Madagascar loses interlining agreement with Air Mauritius, Air Seychelles passengers enroute to Reunion via Mauritius cannot check-in straight through, tension in Middle East & GCC region / oil prices go up.
b. My End of Year Message.
c. Congratulations to Manuel Marrero Cruz named Prime Minister of Cuba.
d. Uganda Tourism Trade event – The Pearl of Africa Tourism Expo (POATE) (still some room for hosted buyers from the Continent).
e. Tourism in Kenya embracing personalised tourism – Caroline Wanjiru Njoroge (Mum) leading the way.
f. Birthday of the late Karl St.Ange.
Stand alone articles this week:
1. "Nothing pleases me more than the tide of change and awareness of our footprint on the environment" – Denis Private Island in Seychelles leads the way
2. Creole Travel Services at La Digue has a new look.
3. Maxime Rachel is General Manage of the high end boutique Property in Sri Lanka called Haritha Villas + Spa.
4. New major road in Reunion shows island’s planning for future growth.
5. Germany extends financial support for wildlife conservation in Tanzania.
6. Seychelles Tourism Board staff movement for 2020.
7. Seychelles wins KSA Arabian Business Awards’ Destination of the Year.
8. Busy year for SUNx says Geoffrey Lipman.
9. Suzy with her Seychelles Island Tours working comfortably alongside DMCs.
10. Vanilla Islands’ third edition Pro Am Golf Tournament a success.
11. Moorhen (Gallinula chloropus, Creole – Pouldo) nest and chicks on Cousin Island Special Reserve.
12. Reunion Island successfully celebrated its 20 December Freedom of Slaves event.
13. Closing Notes.
ATCNews readers can view the full report by simply clicking on the link shown here: https://mailchi.mp/saintange/saint-ange-tourism-report-edition-1-of-volume-4-sunday-5th-january-2020