|The STPP in collaboration with the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals (CIFFT) will bring the unique film festival to Africa and partnered with the ART&TUR – International Tourism Film Festival, in Portugal". Film festivals are a growing international phenomenon that provides critical market access to outlying tourism destinations while at the same time providing tourism revenue for towns where the festivals are hosted. Due to their level of exposure, film festivals are becoming an indispensable tool for exposing attractive (but previously unknown) destinations to a broad spectrum of tourists, including film producers. Film festivals create critical links between tourists and the communities they visit, providing future tourism development opportunities within those communities.
The International Tourism Film Festival Africa (ITFFA) mainly aims to contribute to the development of domestic and international tourism while encouraging the growth of the local film industry. To promote South Africa and Africa as tourist destinations, the ITFFA encourages short film productions that showcase South African and African as tourist destinations and expose the continent to international film makers.
We are looking for entries from African film makers and producers, African national tourism ministries and agencies, African national arts and culture ministries and agencies, film commissions, film studios and advertising agencies, bloggers/influencers.
We are looking for entries from Africa and Exhibitors at WTM Africa – 6-8 April 2020 in the following Categories:
- Tourism Destinations: Cities; Regions; Countries
- Tourism Services: Accommodation (Hotel/Resort; Private game Reserves; Villas; Boutique Hotels; Guest Houses; Bed and Breakfasts; Safari Holiday) Tour Operators; Transport Companies (Car Rental, Airlines, Limousine, Ferries, Railways, Cruises
- Other Tourism Services: Tourism Agencies, Tour guiding, Restaurants, DMC, Group travel companies, Private Travel Companies
- Nature & Eco Tourism: Rural Tourism & Agritourism; Responsible Tourism; Natural Attractions
- Tourism Products: Cultural Tourism; Gastronomy Tourism; Wine Tourism; MICE Tourism Spa & Wellness; UNESCO World Heritage sights (Africa)
- Sports & Adventure Travel: Sailing, Sea Sports, Hiking; Skiing; Bicycle Touring; Outdoor Activities Extreme Sports; Diving
Please visit the ITFF website http://www.itff.africa and submit your entries.
The Awards ceremony will follow the Film Tourism Conference in Cape Town at WTM Africa on 7 April 2020.