SANKARA NAIROBI AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION – RETURNING TO THE MARKET WITH RENEWED VIGOUR
(Posted 02nd September 2020)
As of tomorrow, Thursday 03rd of September will the Sankara Nairobi Autograph Collection reopen its doors following the #COVID19 related closure during the Government of Kenya directed lockdown.
The hotel will initially offer the following services to their guests: Rooms, Private Dining Rooms, Sarabi Rooftop, Graze Steakhouse, Room Service, Events & Meeting spaces.
The health and safety of our guests and hotel employees remains of paramount importance. Marriott International has been recognized as a hospitality leader for 92 years due to its commitment to quality, exacting standards, and rigorous training. The company is rolling out a multi-pronged platform to elevate its cleanliness standards and hospitality norms and behaviours to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by the current pandemic environment. We will continue to monitor the situation, as well as continue to follow the recommendations of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
Meanwhile has the hotel’s General Manager Mr. Krishna Unni responded to questions regularly asked by travelers:
What cleaning protocols are you implementing to enhance cleanliness and safety at the property for guests and hotel employees?
- Marriott International has been recognized as a hospitality leader for 92 years due to its commitment to quality, exacting standards, and rigorous training.
- We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Our leadership team has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments on appropriate hygiene standards.
- We have measures in place that are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19. Below are some of the measures we have taken at the property:
- Implemented guidelines on chemicals and equipment to be used that are effective against viruses.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection at high-volume areas and regularly touched surfaces. These include the counter at front desk, elevators, public bathrooms and room keys.
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols are in place to sanitize rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in the ‘Back of House’, where hotel employees work behind the scenes.
- Increased associate health, safety and knowledge efforts, including hand hygiene protocols and specific COVID-19 related training.
- Introduced measures to minimize contact and reinforce social distancing.
- The company is rolling out a multi-pronged platform to elevate its cleanliness standards and hospitality norms and behaviours to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by the current pandemic environment.
- Marriott has also created the Global Cleanliness Council to tackle the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic at the hotel level and develop the next level of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviours that are designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for consumers and hotel employees.
Is the property safe for guests to visit?
- Marriott International takes its standards for hygiene and cleanliness extremely seriously.
- As part of our housekeeping operations, we have a comprehensive set of cleaning protocols.
- Prior to reopening, the hotel took several precautionary hygiene measures including additional cleanings across all public areas including the lobby, bar, gym and pool area.
- Additionally, Marriott has created the Global Cleanliness Council to tackle the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic at the hotel level and develop the next level of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviours that are designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for consumers and hotel employees.
- The health and wellbeing of our guests and hotel employees remains our paramount priority.
The Sankara Hotel was designed with the belief that modern travellers seek out a greater, more authentic connection to the cities they visit. The Sankara Nairobi invites guests to discover Nairobi on a profoundly personal level without forgoing the boutique-style and service of a five-star hotel. The Sankara presents a vibrant, urban spirit and a character that is deeply ingrained in the art, culture, lifestyle and cuisine of Nairobi.
At the Sankara Nairobi, guests enjoy an elevated personalised service that is natural, uncomplicated and unobtrusive, delivered by a team who are fully attuned to their guests’ needs. Art is the essence of the Sankara Nairobi experience, the hotel houses a carefully curated collection of contemporary African art offering an emotional connection to Nairobi’s rich culture throughout the property.
The hotel’s 168 guest rooms are complete with contemporary furnishings and plush bedding, bright with floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows and fully equipped with the latest facilities and amenities.
The hotel also features some superior dining options like Graze – an award-winning steakhouse with a Private Dining Room setting available, Sarabi – a lively rooftop restaurant, and Woodvale Function rooms – with first-class facilities for all occasions. Also open and accessible for premium guests is the Business Lounge on the 7th floor, arguably one of the finest of its kind in Nairobi.
For added information please visit:
T: +254 20 420 8000
Also see this author’s TripAdvisor Reviews of the Sankara which earned the hotel a full 5 star rating: