CHANGING HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS ACROSS AFRICA TO MAKE TRAVEL EASIER
(Posted 14th September 2020)
Despite the current downturn in travel activities around the world, has it never been more important to stay informed and be able to source accurate and timely information about the changes health and safety regulations are undergoing across Africa.
Some destinations have over the past weeks changed course several times, making it a challenge to get the right information and details applicable at the time of someone travelling.
The African Travel and Tourism Association is one of the continent’s premier sources of such information and membership today is more important than ever before.
- Update on Seychelles:
- From 1st October 2020 those from 7 new source markets can enter Seychelles: The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and the United Arab Emirates.
- Update on Namibia:
- "7 day stay in one place" has been waived – tourists can now proceed directly to their planned routing BUT whilst needing to be available for Covid-19 testing on Day 5 and results on day 7 of their itinerary. For full details click the link below for access to the table (members only)
- FLIGHTS: Ethiopia Airlines starting flights into / out of Namibia on 11th September 2020. Lufthansa starting flights on 19th September 2020
- Update on Principe:
- No quarantine on arrival if travellers meets medical requirements
- FLIGHTS: TAP flying Lisbon – Sao Tome twice weekly
- Update on Zimbabwe:
- FLIGHTS: Domestic flights have resumed | International flights to resume on 1st October with Emirates
- National Parks have resumed normal opening hours of 06:00 – 18:30
- Update on Togo:
- FLIGHTS: Air Borders are open
- Covid-19 negative test certificate must be produced on arrival. A further test is taken on arrival and required upon departure Togo. Full details within link below (members only)
- Update on Republic of Congo:
- Flights commenced into Brazaville w/c 1st September.
Visit https://www.atta.travel/covid-19/country-travel-restrictions/ to view and download the latest copy of the document please note, member login is required to view all the information on this page.
Click on www.atta.travel and follow the links for membership applications so that you too have access to the latest information available, and available to members only.