KENYA REMAINS AFRICA’S LEADING TOURISM BOARD
(Posted 19th December 2021)
Following the year end global edition of the annual World Travel Awards has it been confirmed that the Kenya Tourism Board was once again named as Africa’s leading tourism board, ahead of strong competition from other contenders.
Kenya was also named as Africa’s leading safari destination, ahead of South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania and others, for the seventh time in a row.
Kenya Tourism Board CEO Betty Radier termed the win a testament to the country’s superior offering of the safari product and experience.
“This recognition is an endorsement of Magical Kenya, known as the home of authentic African Safari. Without a doubt, this is well-deserved, and I believe that we shall get even better. We shall continue with our commitment towards preserving and showcasing to the world the unique wildlife heritage bestowed to our country for the sake of generations to come,” she said.
Betty added that the country would continue to build on its potential growth areas, including “the Magical Kenya Signature Experiences, where travellers have an opportunity to experience a foot safari or even track wildlife while on foot.”
During the Covid-19 pandemic, when travel restrictions hit the sector, the Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife launched a virtual live stream campaign to showcase game safaris in parks and reserves across the country.
The campaign was broadcast worldwide as part of the Magic Awaits destination marketing campaign in 2020.
In August this year, Kenya partnered with video sharing platform TikTok to showcase the great wildebeest migration at the Maasai Mara game reserve.
“Kenya is a rich and diverse country, with an incredible wildlife offering which we want to highlight as well as protect… Kenya Tourism Board is keen to ensure MagicalKenya remains top of mind among consumers,” concluded Betty.
Other global winners from Kenya were:
- Africa’s Leading Airport Hotel 2021 — Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi
- Africa’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort 2021 — Diamonds Dream of Africa
- Africa’s Leading Business Travel Destination 2021 — Nairobi
- Africa’s Leading City Hotel 2021 — Fairmont The Norfolk
- Africa’s Leading Cruise Port 2021 — Port of Mombasa
- Africa’s Leading Hotel 2021 — Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
- Africa’s Leading Hotel Brand 2021 — Serena Hotels
- Africa’s Leading Luxury Tented Safari Camp 2021 — Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara
- Africa’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre 2021 — Kenyatta International Convention Centre
- Africa’s Leading Sports Resort 2021 — Ocean Sports Resort, Watamu
- Africa’s Leading Tented Safari Camp 2021 — Finch Hattons
- Africa’s Leading Tour Operator 2021 — Pollman’s Tours & Safaris
ATCNews extends congratulations to KTB and all the individual winners in their respective categories.