(Posted 03rd August 2022)
From today, Airlink’s premium and qualifying passengers travelling on its domestic and regional flights, have access to SLOW lounges at Johannesburg’s, Cape Town’s and Durban’s international airports.
Iain Meaker, CEO for Slow Lounges stated: “Airlink has signed a lounge agreement that will see its passengers enjoy our renowned lounge hospitality. We are very excited and honored to be associated with premium brand Airlink, and to assist in making its passengers travel through the major airports in South Africa a truly memorable and relaxing experience.”
The lounges were built to be exceptional and distinct and offer the following activities and features:
• A selection of luxury snacks, light meals, canapes and delectable desserts
• Freshly brewed coffee and premium beverage and wine selections
• Private rooms
• Private marble bathrooms, serviced & cleaned after each use
• Free high capacity, unlimited WiFi, with multiple power outlets throughout the lounge
• A Living Library and a variety of complimentary media publications and newspapers
• Our complimentary spa offering being re-introduced on 1 September, a perfect way to relax before your flight
• Continued heightened attention to hygiene and sanitising safety protocols
Following the signing of the Airlink lounge agreement with SLOW, Rodger Foster, CEO and Managing Director of Airlink stated “We are very excited to partner with SLOW, as it offers our customers a unique value proposition and a memorable experience as they embark on their journey with Airlink.“
Airlink was established in 1992 and is an independent, privately-owned, premium airline. Choice and reliability are Airlink hallmarks, with the airline serving more than 45 destinations in 13 countries throughout Southern Africa, Madagascar and St Helena Island*.
Airlink has consistently been the most on-time domestic airline over the last two years, with its fleet of more than 55 modern jetliners achieving a 95.58% average on-time performance** in June 2022 and 96.29% for the year to date. Airlink is an International Air Transport Association (IATA) member and accredited under its safety audit programme.
* Flights serving Madagascar will resume when the current flight restrictions are lifted.
** measured by the Airports Company South Africa.
SLOW has been operating its established network of award-winning Airport lounges for over a decade since its inception in 2009. During this period, SLOW has gained valuable experience and insight into running a successful operation by focusing on world-class cuisine, exacting standards and continuous re-investment. At SLOW, guests are invited to refuel, relax and refresh in a five-star; chic, minimalistic and refined environment.
The SLOW Lounges (Pty) Ltd is a division of FirstRand Group and managed by First National Bank.