The Saint Ange Tourism Report – Volume 2 Edition 45 of 2018
ENJOY THE LATEST EDITION OF THE #SAINTANGE TOURISM REPORT FRESH FROM THE #SEYCHELLES AND THE OTHER #INDIANOCEAN ISLANDS
(Posted 14th November 2018)
The Editorial this week highlights:
a. Everyone in the tourism and travel trade are now back from World Travel Market (WTM) 2018 in London.
b. Tourism Budgets – this is the time to call for it
c. Kenya’s Minister Najib Balala got Richard Quest in its visibility drive.
d. World Travel Market (WTM) 2018 in London.
e. At WTM 2018 meeting many old friends and renewed many acquaintances.
Stand alone articles this week:
1. Seychelles Ferry Company gets ISO 9001.
2. Casino cooperation London – Seychelles.
3. Daniella Payet-Alis wins prestigious PanAfrican Lifetime Achiever Award for the Indian Ocean Region.
4. Mauritius & South Africa wins Award at the inaugural International Travel & Tourism Awards 2018.
5. Strong Seychelles delegation attends World Travel Market in London led by Minister Dogley.
6. Seychelles Magazines at WTM 2018.
7. Aldabra corals grow down the deep sides of the channel creating one of the most magnificent features.
8. TUI Group charter flight direct from Amsterdam to Mombasa
9. PATA Advocacy Dinner 2018 in London.
10. Reunion Island courts Mauritius resident to visit.
11. Air Tanzania to launch China flights in February.
12. Seychelles’ Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust-funded spiny lobster project find two lobster exoskeletons whilst snorkelling for lobster larvae traps.
13. Egypt Minister of Tourism open ITCMS 2018 (International Travel Crisis Management Summit) of London.
14. Making Mauritius & the Vanilla Islands proud.
15. Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett wins International Institute for Peace through Tourism Champions in Challenge Award.
16. WTTC spells out the bare facts.
17. & Another speaker came from Trip Advisor.
18. AFRAA in final preparations for 50th Annual General Assembly.
19. Sri Lanka Tourism launches its new brand identity ‘So Sri Lanka’.
20. International Newswires continue to republish our Report.
ATCNews : Prof. Dr. Wolfgang H. Thome is the publisher of ATCNews, Eastern Africa’s leading aviation, tourism and conservation news blog of its kind. Wolfgang has over 45 years of experience in the tourism, aviation and conservation fields in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, covering all aspects of safari operations, hotel operations and air operations. Since 1992 he resides in Uganda, previously living for 17 years in Kenya.